Here’s a scenario you can probably relate to: You’ve a great idea for a public seminar, you’ve secured the location, and now all you need to do is figure out a way to get the word out and register people for the event. You need something that won’t break the bank, and yet will keep track of everyone who plans to attend. Oh, and if it can send an automatic e-mail reminder 48 hours in advance, that would be great too.
I’d like to share with you a tool I pull from my technology toolbox each time I have an event. I’ve been using Eventbrite for several years and have found it to be a fabulous service for setting up events, promoting events and collecting registration information. It’s free to use so long as you’re not charging a ticket price for your event, or it collects a nominal processing fee if you are charging (2.5 percent of ticket value plus 99 cents per ticket with maximum fee of $9.95 per ticket).
Here are some of the cool features of using Eventbrite for seminar registrations:
- Create a personalized URL to promote your event online
- Send e-mail invitations
- Collect custom registration info (such as dietary restrictions)
- Promote your event via social media
- Download event attendee reports in Excel to share with team members
- Send customized e-mails to everyone already registered, such as reminders, parking information, updated speaker information, etc.
- E-mails you each time you have a new registrant for your event
Whether you’re doing a solo speaking engagement or you are teaming up with others to offer a seminar, give this tool a try. The technology will simplify your event registrations and help manage your practice more efficiently.
Maria Semple, Principal
The Prospect Finder LLC
Author of Panning for Gold: Find High Net Worth Prospects Now!