As 2010 draws to a close, it’s time to reflect on the past year and look forward to what 2011 may bring. No matter how good (or how challenging) your year has been, the coming one always seems to hold a fresh sense of promise and possibility.
With that in mind, here are some powerful questions and interesting perspectives to ponder as you head into the new year. I’ve gathered these thoughts over the past few months from a variety of sources: keynote speakers, conference presentations, talks with colleagues, books, teleconferences, and so on. I hope you’ll find these one-liners as enjoyable and thought provoking as I have.
- I wanted it until I realized what I had to do to get it.
- Ambition shows up when we embrace possibility.
- What breeds enthusiasm? What lights up your life?
- What is it that you don’t believe you can have?
- Attitude is a muscle that needs to be exercised.
- What drives your actions? Your vision or your circumstances?
- How many of us agree to things that we know we’re not going to fulfill?
- From here, what things are not possible, and what things are?
- Your money is not your wealth. Time is.
- What is focus? Getting rid of mental clutter.
- Success has a price and that is discipline.
- Feeling gratitude but not expressing it is like wrapping a present but not giving it.
- Happiness affects performance more than performance affects happiness.
Happy 2011 to you! Or, as Oprah Winfrey says, cheers to a new year and another chance to get it right!
Managing Principal of Practice Management
Commonwealth Financial Network